Within 10 days of your case opening, an intake worker will contact you to schedule an intake interview in our office. The intake worker will also mail an appointment notice should they not be able to communicate with you by phone. The intake interview is our opportunity to gather information and to expedite the processing of your case. It is also your opportunity to ask us questions about the child support process.
In preparation for this appointment, we ask that you gather and bring the following documents:
- Your driver’s license or other form of ID
- A copy of your social security card
- A copy of your three (3) most recent pay stubs
- A copy of your last year's tax return (State and Federal)
- Marriage License (if applicable)
- Divorce Decree (if applicable)
- A copy of the original order (a certified copy if the order was obtained outside of California) and all subsequent modifications (if applicable)
- A completed Support Payment Record together with any documentation you may have substantiating your outstanding balance
- Verification of your child care expenditures
For the other parent
- A recent picture
- A copy of the other parent’s paystubs (if available)
- A copy of the other parent’s last year’s tax return (State and Federal) (if available)
- A copy of the other parent’s Social Security card (if available).
- Any Information pertaining to income and other assets of the other parent (pay slips, tax returns, bank accounts, cars, boats, R.V.s, investments or property holdings)
- The names of the other parent’s friends and relatives or organizations to which he/she may belong to
For your children
- A copy of each child’s birth certificate
- A copy of each child’s social security card(s)
- A copy of each child’s paternity declaration, if this form was signed by the father in the hospital at the time of birth
You may email the documents to us prior to your appointment at email@example.com, or fax them to (650) 366-4711. Please be sure to include your case number on your correspondence.
NOTE: You may upload these documents during the electronic case opening process.
During your appointment
During your intake appointment, the intake worker will ask you to provide information about yourself, the child(ren) and the other parent. In addition, the intake worker will review all of the documents that you have been asked to provide to ensure they are completed. This is also your opportunity to ask the intake worker any questions regarding the child support process.
Rescheduling your intake appointment
If you need to reschedule your appointment, please contact the San Mateo County DCSS office by calling (866) 901-3212. Your intake worker will work with you to reschedule your appointment. You can also send the office an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of your need to reschedule your intake appointment. Please be sure to include your case number in your correspondence.
Remember... the more complete, reliable and accurate the information you can provide the San Mateo County Department DCSS during the intake process, the easier it will be to establish and collect child support