Open a Case
Either parent or a legal guardian open a case with the San Mateo County DCSS for the establishment of paternity, establishment of child support or health insurance order or enforcement of an existing order, you may now do this on line and submit it electronically. It is easy, safe, and no cost to you. If you would like to proceed and open a case, click here to apply now. You can also contact our office at (866) 901-3212 or drop by our office at 555 County Center, 2nd Floor, Redwood City, where you may request an application for services from our receptionists.
Within 20 days of receipt of your completed application, you will be notified that your case has been opened, and you will be sent additional documentation to complete that includes your assigned case number and participant number. An intake worker will contact you to schedule an intake interview in our office. The intake worker will also mail an appointment notice should they not be able to communicate with you by phone. The intake interview will expedite the processing of your case in our office.
To open a Child Support Case, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Your Full name, address and phone number(s)
- Your Date of Birth and Social Security Number (if available)
- Your current employment information
- Your Child’s Name, Date of Birth and Social Security Number
- The Other Parent’s Full Name, address and phone number(s)
- The Other Parent’s Social Security Number (You can find this by reviewing old pay stubs, income tax returns, credit or loan applications, bank checking or savings accounts, insurance or health records, or military or union records. If you don't have one of these documents, but your name was also on the form, you can usually obtain a copy by writing to the appropriate agency.)
- The Other Parents Date of Birth
- The Other Parent’s current employment information
- A physical description of the Other Parent
- Information regarding any existing court order for the child(ren)
Approximately 20 days after your application is received, you will be notified that your case has been opened. You will be provided with your assigned case number as well as your participant number. You may be sent additional paperwork to complete and you will be contacted by a worker to schedule an intake appointment.
A note for legal guardians
If you are not the parent of the child(ren) for whom you are opening a case:
- The San Mateo County DCSS requires that you open a case against both the mother and the father of the child(ren). You will need to complete two applications, one against each parent. Your application for support services may be rejected if an application is received for only one parent.
- Proof of Guardianship will be needed in order to establish and enforce a child support case. Guardianship may be established by providing a Guardianship Order or any other document that legally grants custody of the child(ren). You may receive assistance in obtaining a Guardianship Order by calling the Conservator/Probate section of the court. San Mateo County residents may call (650) 363-4711.